People, I’ve done it! I have finished ALL, yes ALL, of my Christmas shopping. I was determined this year to not wait until the last minute and to try and shop the deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Those of you who are not done yet – fret not! I’ve compiled my top 10 gifts for the cook in your life – hopefully this will give you some gift inspiration. I included gifts in all price ranges. Here it goes…
1. Le Creuset 9″ Signature Iron Handle Skillet ($120) – My mom will not stop raving about this skillet – use it for omelets or cornbread. Le Creuset is the best – hands down! It’s on my Christmas wishlist this year:)
2. Juliska Ramekins ($15 a piece) – I love these little dishes – they are so versatile and adorable. We cook Skinny Smashed Potatoes and creme brulee in them and use them as ice cream bowls. Anything that you want to serve individually works great in these!
3. Microplane Elite Paddle Graters ($16.95) – These graters are AMAZING! Zest oranges and lemons and grate fresh Parmesan. I use mine all the time.
4. KitchenAid 5-Speed Diamond Blender ($150.00) – I had originally listed The Ninja as my choice for a great blender, but after a conversation with a friend decided to switch to the KitchenAid. It’s a great alternative to the very expensive Vitamix! We make a TON of smoothies around here. It can stir, chop, mix, puree and liquify and you can pick from lots of cute colors:)
5. Anthropologie Artichoke Apron ($42) – I love all things Anthropologie and this apron is no exception. It’s in my favorite color and the design has a vintage flair to it!
6. Olio Santo Olive Oil ($29.95) OR O & Co. Premium Balsamic Vinegar of Modena ($35) – This is my mom’s favorite olive oil and after a recent trip to Italy, she says your balsamic must come from Modena. She literally rations these by the drop! You can really tell the difference between quality olive oil and balsamic. So indulge!
7. Barefoot Contessa – How Easy is That? ($22.99) – So many of us find our recipes online these days and cookbooks are becoming a thing of the past for my generation. I love how my mom still reads a cookbook like it’s a novel. I have 1 set of cookbooks in my house and they are all Barefoot Contessa. Ina’s cooking is so classic. She’s my cooking hero, second to my mama:)
8. Crate & Barrel Acacia Salt Cellar ($9.95) – Storing your salt and pepper flakes on the counter top in cellars is so very “Ina & Giada” of you! I love how these cooks season everything from these little dishes.
9. Williams-Sonoma All-Purpose White Kitchen Towels ($19.95 for set of 4) – These no-fuss, classic towels go well in any kitchen and can be thrown in the laundry with a little bleach when needed. You can add a monogram to personalize them!
10. All-Clad Oven Probe Thermometer ($49.99) – Every cook should have one of these! It cooks your meats to perfection and allows you to breath a sigh of relief that you have cooked poultry through without cutting into anything.